This is the registration page for the 2018 BC Interior Policy and Constitution Regional Meeting
To be held on Saturday, March 10, 2018 at the Schubert Centre, 3505 20th Avenue, Vernon, BC from 9am to 3pm.
Attendance is $20 per person which includes lunch, to be paid at the door during registration.
Proposed Agenda (BC Interior)
9:00 am – Opening - Introduction to Policy/Constitution Meeting
9:30 – 3:00 pm – Policy and Constitution Sessions
For more information, please see the text below:
Dear fellow Conservatives,
As part of the 2018 Conservative Party of Canada National Convention process, your BC National Policy and Constitution Representatives are inviting you to our Regional Meetings where joint resolutions amongst EDAs can be deliberated and brought forward in the Policy and Constitution process.
As a collaboration between two separate committees, we have worked hard to come up with a fair and transparent process to ensure that EDAs are able to take advantage of this right under our Party’s Constitution and to minimize any inconsistencies or inefficiencies. We hope that you will accept our apologies for the slight delay in sending out this official invitation since being officially announced on February 3, 2018 at the BC President’s Council Meeting.
The Regional Meetings are meant as an opportunity for Party members to meet with fellow Conservatives, collaborate and determine which resolutions we would like to collectively recommend to the National Policy Committee (Top 2 Resolutions) and the National Constitution Committee (Top 3 Resolutions).
The specific procedures of the meeting are included in the attachment to this email, and we would request the following from you as EDA Presidents/Local Policy & Constitution Committee Chairs:
- Carefully read the rules and procedures of the Regional Meetings
- Send your top three, ranked Policy and Constitutional (max 6 total) resolutions to:
Policy Resolutions to: Linda Hawes (email@example.com) and Marc Vella (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Constitutional Resolutions to: Bert Chen (email@example.com) and Tony Leoni (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Before Saturday, February 17th, 2018
- Each EDA and its members will only be allowed to vote at ONE Regional meeting of their choice:
Lower Mainland - March 3, 2018 - Bombay Banquet Hall, Surrey (with special guest Jason Kenney, Leader of the United Conservative Party of Alberta – lunch will be provided for a cost of $20)
Interior - March 10, 2018 - Vernon
Vancouver Island - March 17, 2018 - TBD
Please indicate to the Committee Representatives which meeting your EDA will attend before Saturday, February 17th, 2018
- We are requesting that each member that would like to attend the sessions, RSVP by clicking the following, appropriate links once an EDA has determined which session they will participate in.
- One week before the start of the Regional Meetings, you will receive a finalized copy of the received resolutions in the order they will be deliberated on so that discussions can be facilitated between EDAs.
- The Regional Meetings are meant to be a parallel process to the individual EDA submission process which is ongoing throughout this time. The total vote counts for each of the resolutions taken separately at each Regional Meeting will be added up, and the top 2 and 3 (respectively) of all resolutions will be forwarded to the respective committee and onwards in the process to the Convention Floor.
**Please note, individual EDA resolutions can still make their way to the Convention Plenary by going through the unique process to each committee.
For further questions, please refer to the attached document, or contact one of the Committee Representatives,
Thank you very much for your participation, and we look forward to seeing your resolutions,
- Your BC National Policy and Constitution Committee Representatives,
Linda, Marc, Bert and Tony
3505 30th Ave
Vernon, BC V1T 2E6
Click Here For Google Map & Directions