Did you know you can vote today?
Now that the election has been called, you can vote any day of the week using a “Special Ballot” at any Elections Canada office in your electoral district.
Here in Mission—Matsqui—Fraser Canyon we have two Elections Canada offices to make voting easy.
Elections Canada Main Office:
University of the Fraser Valley
33700 Prentis Avenue
Mission, BC V2V 7B1
Toll-free phone : 1 866 545-0623
Elections Canada Lillooet Office
76 - 5th Avenue
Lillooet, BC V0K 1V0
Toll-free phone : 1 866 754-5482
Unfortunately, there is no Elections Canada office in Ashcroft/Cache Creek area, so if you live in this area you will need to go to either Lillooet (or Kamloops as you can vote at any Elections Canada office).
These Elections Canada offices are open every day for your voting convenience.
- Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday: noon to 4:00 p.m.
3 Reasons to Vote Today
- You avoid long lineups on last voting day!
- Last-minute issues can't stop you from voting
- You make sure your vote counts
Because official ballots have not been printed yet, when you cast a “Special Ballot” you must write in the candidate’s name and political party. Here’s what you need to write on your ballot:
If you only write “Conservative” or “Conservative Party” on the ballot, Elections Canada will consider it a “spoiled ballot” and your vote won’t count.
Write “Brad Vis” on your ballot.
To vote in the federal election you have to prove your identity and address. There are three ways to do this:
- Show your driver’s licence or any other government-issue photo ID that includes your current address.
- Show 2 pieces of ID with your name and at least 1 must have your current address.
- If you don’t have ID, you can still vote if declare your identity and address in writing and have someone who knows you and who is assigned to your polling station vouch for you.
View the full list of Acceptable ID for Voting on the Elections Canada website.
This is the most important election in our lifetime.
If you only do one thing this week, do this.
Together, we can make a difference.
Conservative Candidate for Mission—Matsqui—Fraser Canyon
P.S. We still need people to deliver signs. Our 2nd order of campaign signs just arrived and our current volunteers can’t keep up with the demand. If you can help take signs from the Campaign Office to the people waiting for them, please let me know.